Pastoral Care

At some point in all of our lives, we all need extra help. New Chapel offers many opportunities for those who seek extra care to be “Known, Loved, & Challenged…”


1. Known. 

The entry point for personal ministry is being a vibrant part of the church at New Chapel through our Groups ministry.  We’re not a church with groups, rather, we’re a church of small groups “doing life together” in an up close and personal way. Real growth, care, or development happens relationally. Think of Jesus and the disciples: He knew them... intimately! It’s impossible to have real, lasting spiritual influence in someone’s life without real relationship. We’re a “real” church – the key to that “realness” is vulnerability. We believe the first step in Pastoral Care can only be found in groups. 


“I am the good shepherd; I know my own sheep, and they know me, 

just as my Father knows me and I know the Father…” - John 10:14-15


Some of our strategy for the vision includes: 

• Groups           
Most Personal Ministry, Prayer, Support for Crisis/Issues is offered by Small Group Leaders

• In kind, Hospital Visits are offered by your Small Group

• Personal Care like, “Life-Event Meal Support” is offered and arranged by Small Groups for the people they group with (often using 



2. Loved. 

When someone is engaged in Groups ministry at New Chapel, most of their spiritual needs are met by their group. We believe that 98% of pastoral care is having someone who cares; wherein, the other 2% involves some needs that are best met through staff pastors or a referral to a trained counselor. We want you to experience God’s unconditional love and learn to embody His love to others by show it tangibly. 


“Love your neighbor as yourself...” - Matthew 22:39


Some of our strategy for the vision includes: 

• Prayer Ministry:

When someone attending New Chapel is making first contact and does not have a “Small Group Home”

• Hospital Visits:

When someone is in a dire situation and a member of their group isn’t available.

• Pre-Marital Preparation and Weddings:

New Chapel offers to counsel a couple around God’s Word for Pre-Marital Preparation.

            New Chapel offers Pastoral support to conduct wedding ceremonies.  

• Funerals:

            New Chapel offers Pastoral support to conduct funeral services. 

• Pastoral Counseling:

New Chapel offers a short-term ministry process of one, and up to three meetings for “Pastoral Counseling.” Pastoral Counseling is personal care and counsel toward God’s best. Long-term regular care is provided relationally through our small groups. If more than three meetings are needed, the fourth will be with a trusted third-party professional counselor by a referral from a pastor. Currently, New Chapel doesn’t retain any professional counselors for ongoing counseling, or physiological counseling. We’ve developed a network of trusted Christian counselors to whom we refer those whose needs cannot be met in groups.




3. Challenged. 

Pastor Joe cannot disciple our church from the pulpit alone. Part of Pastoral Care is being challenged; to be encouraged beyond our current comfort level.


“See to it, brothers and sisters, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness. We have come to share in Christ, if indeed we hold our original conviction firmly to the very end.” 

Hebrews 3:12-14


Some of our strategy for the vision includes: 

• Baptism Services

            New Chapel offers the opportunity to be baptized:


• Connect & Grow Discipleship Plan

            New Chapel Connect: Knowing God & Others in Groups & Serving on GoTeam

            New Chapel Grow: Baptized & Growing as a “self-feeding” Christian

            New Chapel Know: Finding Freedom and Discovering Purpose  

            New Chapel Go: Making a Difference in the lives of others.


• Child Dedication

            New Chapel offers “Child Dedication” services about twice a year.

This form may capture sensitive data (credit cards, bank accounts…), yet this site isn’t sufficiently secured.

Please contact the site administrator to resolve this issue. He must enable SSL.

This form failed to load. Try reloading this page.

The server may be having issues, or this website’s administrator may have deleted the form.